Plane Pull 2014
Join us on September 27, 2014
Donate To This Event
The Plane Pull features the ultimate tug-of-war competition, as teams of up to 20 battle a UPS Airbus A300, weighing more than 190,000 lbs. That’s right, the plane weighs more than 90 tons! Each team raises a minimum of $1,000 to participate (only $50 per person for a team of 20). Special Olympics Illinois and the Law Enforcement Torch Run will host the 6th Annual Plane Pull at O’Hare International Airport on Sept. 27. The 2013 event was a record-breaking success, as 64 teams participated and more than $135,000 was raised for the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois!
A special thanks to UPS, the Chicago Department of Aviation, City of Chicago, HMS Host and Durham School Services for their continued support of this event.
Teams compete in one of three divisions:
- Open Division (ideal for companies, school teams, gyms, crossfits, clubs, friends and families)
- Public Safety Division (law enforcement officers, fire fighters, DNR, DOC and military personnel; teams need at least 10 public safety competitors to qualify)
- Hotel Division (new in 2014, and by popular demand, we have created a division solely for groups in the hotel industry!)
For questions on how you can get involved in the Plane Pull, please contact Matt Johnson.
2013 Event Results
- Open Division: Maine South Hawks (HS Football Team), 9.81 seconds
- Public Safety Division: Chicago Police Department - O'Hare, 9.34 seconds
- Grand Champion: Chicago Police Department - O'Hare
- Top Individual Fundraiser: Bob Pomeroy, ComEd
- Top Fundraising Team: Niles Police Department
- Team Spirit Award: Park Ridge Fraternal Order of Police #16
Plane Pull Promo
Want to learn more about the Plane Pull event? Watch this informational video.